Friday, September 10, 2010

Currently reading . . .

I was reading Three Cups of Tea and was having a tough time getting into it.  Something about the third person narrative was kind of off-putting to me.  After three weeks, the book was due at the library.  I went to renew it and couldn't because it had a hold.  Usually, however,  if there are multiple copies in the system, I can get the librarian to renew it for me anyway but this time I didn't even bother.  It was really not an enjoyable read for me.  At least not at this point.  I intend to pick it back up again later--maybe when the demand for it is not so high. 

Currently I am reading Radical Homemakers and I'm really enjoying it tremendously.  It's one that I would like to own actually because the subject really appeals to me.  I'm not sure if homemaking will become trendy again but I'm sure it will become necessary again whether we like it or not.  Our modern way of living is simply not sustainable, i.e. it cannot keep going this way and something will have to give; something must change.  So why not read about how others are voluntarily and conscientiously homemaking?   I'll definitely try not to get too overwhelmed by it all (as I sometimes tend to do).  And I'll definitely have a review when I'm done.  

1 comment:

liberationtheory said...

Thanks for always sharing what you're reading. It always gives me good ideas, and even when I don't get around to reading your selections, it helps to have an idea of what various books are about. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.