Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Fat Body (In)Visible

I really enjoyed this mini-documentary.  I was introduced to it by one of my favorite posters on Nappturality.


the fat body (in)visible from Margitte Kristjansson on Vimeo.


I think that there were so many valid points made.  And even though I've lost all the weight now, I can appreciate the message that we need to learn how to a) accept ourselves just the way we are and b) work hard and actively to change the prevalent ideas of who can be included as part of the "beautiful people).  Anyone who falls outside of these unrealistic beauty standards is subject to being invisible or being "the freak"--and even those who match the beauty standards to a tee eventually will not.  It's inevitable.

Anyway, I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.