Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Craftiness

Okay, so maybe not all that crafty.  After all, the candle rolling kit I bought is still sitting there untouched.  But I did bake up a storm!  This year I went with banana walnut bread and baked 7 loaves in total.  I also baked a dozen chocolate chip cookies for my sister.  The wrapping materials were all courtesy of the dollar store.  So the top picture is how I presented the loaves (with sparkling pomegranate juice from Costco--6 bottles for $8-$9) and the bottom picture is of the cookies (although by the time I got to take a picture, my sister had already opened it!).  I think that everything came out to about $30 maximum--Costco and Trader Joe's made that very easy.




This is my approach to the holidays--baking for people.  People love to eat and there's something so nice about a slice of homemade bread slathered with butter.  Hopefully as the boys get bigger, they can participate more and we can bake even more for those we love.  Another thing: this year I was moved to bake a loaf for our neighbors.  Recently, their son has been coming to play with Z1 and he's really a sweet kid.  So I used that little bit of connection as my opening to maybe make us more neighborly.  It's so disturbing to me that we live in such close proximity to people and don't even know their names.  I'm hoping this bit of holiday baking will go a long way.   

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.