Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure.

So, today my hubby found a glass loaf pan in the trash. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it will be perfect for baking bread. I already have one clear glass Pyrex baking dish and the other is aluminum non-stick baking dish. I find that in the aluminum baking dish, the bread gets dark way too fast so I really prefer glass. I'm (perhaps overly) excited about acquiring a new dish and even more excited that it was free!

I noticed at Trader Joe's today that they now have their own brand of Agave nectar and it's waaaay cheaper than at Whole Foods. Woohoo . . . I love Trader Joe's. We always clean up in there.

On another note, I thought I had escaped this allergy season scott-free. But it seems that I, like other allergy sufferers, will have to pay my dues this spring. I've been sneezing and rubbing my eyes insanely. I can't even begin to tell all the things I've done in the quest to cure myself of allergies. It was one of the motivating factors for me switching to strict vegetarianism which was a drastic change for me. Right now, I've just decided that the only thing for me to do is to focus on my perfect health. Allergies may be with me for the rest of my life but they don't have to run my life. So I continue to live life gratefully, hankie in hand.

3 comments:

Anaylli said...

I love pyrex too!That was a great find! Ebay has some cool vintage pyrex...I have to control myself whenever something comes up on my alert, lol...too many cute things.

About allergies: I don't have them very badly, but I've heard that raw local honey helps build up anti-bodies to pollen, mold, etc. If you haven't tried that yet,maybe it could help...

Chi-Chi said...

Thanks for the suggestion about honey. I actually haven't tried. I'm wondering how I would use it though. I think I have some kind of allergy to honey because it immediately turns my stomach if I eat it. But I can use it topically.

Anaylli said...

Oh wow, I'm so silly! I made the honey suggestion but you're vegan! So sorry about that!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.