Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Natural Deodorant Revisited

I always find it so funny that I sweat so much. Way more than DH. And if I'm not careful, best beware of my armpits!

Anyway . . . I blogged about natural deodorants a while back. I have been making Kimberlily's Recipe for Deodorant Cream, like I said I would, and it is, by far, the best natural thing I've used to control underarm funk. It works all day long. The other day I knew we would be out of the house all day long so I thought I better use some "real" stuff. I put on Dove antiperspirant/deodorant. That stuff quit in the middle of the day. Why did I doubt that the homemade would work?? It really, really works.

I usually make a double batch. It is stored in a glass jar but it would work much better in a squeeze bottle as it is a little runny (especially on hot days). I have to be on the lookout for some. So happy to find something that works so well. Oh, and that's not to say that the spray deodorant doesn't kill funk but it must be reapplied at some point during the day. The deodorant lotion lasts all day and all night and you will just smell the tiniest bit of mustiness in the morning. But that's cool because it's time to shower anyway.

7 comments:

blackgirlinmaine said...

I might have to try that recipe, I swear I sweat like a man. LOL Right now I alterate between Tom's of Maine when its not too hot and regular Degree when its hot. I tried Crystals and they had me out all wrong, nothing worse then thinking you look cute with a sleeveless top and your underarm protection goes south.

Oyin's Funk Butter is good except that it caused me some irritation and I had to stop using it.

80sBaby70sSoul said...

You and Nasya, boy! I don't envy yal. Just give me some Tom's of Maine or a damn slice of lemon and I'm GOOD. But I will have to try your recipe and tell Nasya about it!

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there!

I had never heard of natural deodorant before now!

That's really interesting...

Thanks!
(smiles)
Lisa

Chi-Chi said...

@Blackgirlinmaine--you ain't never lied about being cute but smelling not so cute! LoL.

@80sbaby70ssoul--can you believe it's gotten worse since having kids!?! I remember Nasya used to have the same issue! Please share the recipe with her!

Lionesse said...

Thanks for the heads up on this! It is encouraging me to drop Dove and Lady speed stick for sure!!

Chi-Chi said...

@Lisa...yup. I learned years ago that anti-perspirants keep your body from doing what it's supposed to do, i.e. getting rid of waste. It's great to go natural but you also want something that works!

@Lionesse--You're most welcome. Let me know how it works for you!

Hadley said...

Great!! I always used to get my deodorants through online shopping at AmeriMark.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.