Thursday, August 14, 2008

I finished


The sweater for Z2 that I blogged about a few weeks ago. I added a little hat too. I'm pleased with how it turned out and it should fit Z2 just right come this winter. Sorry the picture is so poor. I just don't seem to be able to take nice pictures!!

I have a few other projects I'm thinking of starting. Here are my ideas:

1. Cozy for my new 40 ounce Klean Kanteen water bottle
2. Knee high socks or Monkey socks using the Regia silk yarn I got on sale
3. Frog the wonky blanket I crocheted and use the yarn to make this one. I think a variegated yarn will lend itself nicely to this pattern.
4. Pullover for Z1. I really like the Cable and Rib Sweater with Hood by Debbie Bliss. Although I hate seaming (which is necessary for things knit flat), this sweater is cute enough where I might be willing to do it. Maybe I can convert it to knit in the round?

Right now I think I'm going to take a bit of a hiatus from knitting and crocheting. I want to spend the next few weeks focusing on incorporating more live foods into our diet (I'd like to be at least 50% raw). I've bought two books on the topic. The first is 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End your Dependency on Cooked Food by Victoria Boutenko (basically a primer on raw foods) and the other is Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney (a simple, introductory cookbook). It's a little daunting especially since it seems that I will be spending a lot of time just preparing foods (lots of dishes require 24 hrs. in the food dehydrator) and also because lots of recipes call for tools I don't have (Vitamix, food dehydrator accessories, etc). We're starting off slowly with green smoothies every morning because I think I can handle that at least. I've joined two live food forums for support and I'm excited to be taking this new journey. I pray it makes a real difference in our energy levels and in our overall health.

1 comment:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey Chi-Chi!

I want to see more of that sweater! It looks fantastic!!

Congratulations on finishing it!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.