Sunday, March 1, 2009

How can I make it functional?

I'm disappointed . . . although my yoga mat bag is lovely to look at, it is soooo hard to take the yoga mat in and out because of the intense friction. I thought it might be because the bag is made of a rough wool so I figured I'd sew a lining for it. But it even sticks to the smoothest of cotton fabric. It's probably because the mat is made of latex (super grippy) and that's the point of a yoga mat, I know. But it takes me too long to get the dang thing in and out the bag! And after a bit of a struggle, it never goes in nicely rolled. I'm having a difficult time thinking of ways to ameliorate the situation to make it functional. I mean, I'm making it do what it do but it would be nice just to be able to easily slip it in and out.

So crafty folks, any suggestions?

2 comments:

KAS said...

Well, this isn't directly a helpful comment as to your yoga mat problems, but I do want to say that I greatly appreciate your blog! I admire your strength and spirituality, and will be proudly sharing your blog and links to your homebirth story to women who are due in July 2009 like I am and are planning a homebirth, or even just a natural birth. Consider me another stalker - I mean, follower! :P

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

Hey KAS . . . thanks so much! I appreciate it. I wish you a very healthy pregnancy and birth!! :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.