Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thought this was interesting . . .

Wonderwash--a portable washing machine that uses no electricity but claims to get clothes as clean as a conventional washing machine.

Wonderwash

enlarge image

Description

Why Use the Wonder Wash?

  • Washes a 5-lb. load super clean in just a couple of minutes.
  • Has a patented pressure system that forces detergent into the fabric at high speed for a fast, efficient, economic and very easy wash
  • Is ideal for campers, single persons and even for the housewife with small frequent loads like hand washables and diapers.
  • Is ideal for delicates such as woolens, silks, knitted dresses and cashmere garments.
  • Uses far less water than even hand washing.
Pretty cool.

8 comments:

Amanda Pearl D. said...

I want one!

blackgirlinmaine said...

Nice....could be a useful tool to have. In my early adult years, there were times I had to handwash (no cash) and it is not easy at all.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

Amanda, me too!

BGIM, definitely easier than hand washing! I'd rather even do this for small loads than go to the laundromat. I just wonder if it works. Might be something great for apartment dwellers who'd like to cloth diaper.

Anonymous said...

my sister just ordered this just 2 weeks ago. coincidense.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

^^^Anonymous, how does she like it? Does it actually work?

Just Me said...

That gave me the shivers! We're a family of 6...the amount of laundry I do is unreal,lol

Serenity Love Divine Earth said...

I had one of these. I could not get it to work.

To-Fu said...

We have one of those. I don't use it anymore b/c we have a washer and dryer at the house we're renting now, but we used it at our old place. It works, but it takes some effort. And it's very small! But a very cool alternative to hand washing for sure.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.