Sunday, March 8, 2009

One-on-One Training with Jackie

Look, I just have to rave about One-on-One Training with Jackie, which I borrowed from the library to preview. It is the bomb! It is an excellent strength-training workout that is varied and never boring. There are three 20-minute long workouts: upper body, lower body and core. Today I did upper body and lower body. I was never bored. The routines are varied and challenging yet not overly so. And I can't say enough about Jackie Warner. I really like her style. She is not brash or loud. She provides just the right amount of encouragement without being patronizing. And she's all about form so she takes time out to say what position each part of your body should be in as you do the exercise. I sweated and breathed hard but I feel really good. Initially, in fact, I was only going to do one routine today but I loved it so much, I did another. If I had more time, I would probably do the last one! I give this one five stars for sure and I'm actually looking forward to doing the core routine.

I have two other DVDs on hold that I'm yet to try: Shiva Rea's Radiant Heart Yoga (I'll be doing that tomorrow) and Denise Austin's Daily Dozens (I'll be doing that Tuesday). You know, I'm not terribly fond of Denise Austin's style but I will say she is encouraging and comforting.

I bought Hemalaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living on Amazon.com Marketplace. The first copy refused to play through and then I noticed it had a scratch. The seller sent me a second one. Now this one is acting up. Uggh. I hope it's just a glitch as I really like it.

And it's daylight savings time!!!!! Yayyyy!!!!

Oh, we had a blast at the birthday party yesterday. It was at an arcade type place with all kinds of games and prizes. Zion had a free pass to go on all the rides and he enjoyed himself tremendously. And, to my great surprise, when I told him it was time to go, he willingly came along.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.