Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Baby's Birthday!

Z1 celebrated his third birthday on Sunday, Aug. 17. I can hardly believe he's such a big boy. He had a *great* day. I bought him a couple of balloons (two with a basketball and baseball which he's really into right now). He ended up taking those two outside and losing them (even though I told him that would happen). We also got him a Little Tikes Basketball Hoop and he L O V E S it. Oh my goodness. It's the single best toy we ever got him. We had his favorite type of cake--chocolate cake and he was just in heaven. He also got a water table which he spent almost an hour playing with yesterday as well as water crayons and two books that I must have read about 200 times already. It was a fabulous day and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. Words cannot describe how much I love that little dude.

The hubby got a new camcorder for his birthday so most of the memory capturing was done with that. I did remember to take a picture of the cake though, albeit after it was cut. It's my favorite cake, easy to make. It was a vanilla almond frosted double-layer chocolate cake. I decorated it with vegan sprinkles and vegan chocolate chips. It was really rich and really good and Z1 kept saying "I love my party!!" Ahh . . . so easy to please children.

Edited 09/01/08 to add recipe as per Lionesse's request!! Happy to share!











Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake


Ingredients
1.5 cups unbleached white flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup olive oil (recipe says vegetable oil but I use olive oil with no problems)
1 cup cold water
2 tsps vanilla
2 tbsp vinegar

Mix all ingredients together well. The order doesn't matter so long as you mix very well. Pour into 9" baking pan.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 mins.

5 comments:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there Chi-Chi!

That cake looks SOOOO good! (smiles)

Thank you for dropping by my place!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

80sBaby70sSoul said...

Happy Belated to Z1!!!! I can't believe how time flies! And you guys need to save some of that cake for when I visit...you know, like old wedding cake in the freezer!

blackgirlinmaine said...

Happy Birthday to your lil guy. I have a 3 yo too, 3 is a fun age.

Lovely looking cake!

Chi-Chi said...

Thanks all for the birthday well wishes and compliments on the cake!!!

@Blackgirlinmaine--it's like a switch went turned on two weeks before he turned 3! He developed an imagination (wild one at that) and is just so different! I'm glad we are getting farther and farther away from "Age 2 type behavior"!

Lionesse said...

May I please have the recipe for the cake? I NEED to learn how to bake vegan! Thanks a mil!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.