Friday, February 6, 2009

Today is The Honorable Robert Nesta Marley's Earthlight. He would have been 64 today. I can't tell you how influential Bob has been to me personally. On such a deep level. He means so much to many others too. It's amazing how his work is still relevant, very relevant today. His music, though decades old, is not dated, doesn't sound at all like 70s music. It's timeless. Still hip. Still cogent. I am grateful that he graced the Earth even though it was such a short time. He came to do what he had to do, what we needed him to do and then he was gone.

Z1's favorite Bob Marley song (and one of my faves too--the base line is just so sexy) is Stir It Up!


Blessed Earthlight Bob!!

1 comment:

blackgirlinmaine said...

You are so right, his music and the message is timeless.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.